Caring for our pets
Over 58.4 million animals are kept as pets in the UK*, so it's important we understand what they need to be happy and healthy. Does your class know how to care for their pets?
This set of activities aims to make children aware of pets as living animals with needs and feelings. They'll learn that pets should be handled carefully and only when it is appropriate to do so. They'll also investigate the responsibility of pet owners to meet the needs of their pets and to keep them happy and healthy.
- My dog ben
- Smokey's new home - story
- Smokey's new home - images
- How not to interact with a dog
- How to interact with a dog
- Caring for our pets (presentation slides)
- Caring for our pets (PDF)
- Caring for our pets (teachers' notes)
These resources are great for involving the whole class on an interactive whiteboard, or in smaller groups or individually on laptops and tablets.