Are our school grounds a safe haven for animals or a no-go area?
Conduct a survey
What animals live in/visit our school grounds?
- What animals can we see?
- What evidence is there that animals visit our school grounds?
- Are there some areas that might be dangerous for animals to live in or visit?
- Are there places where animals can escape human attention if they need to?
What can we do to make our grounds more animal-friendly?
- What are the benefits and issues of attracting animals to the school grounds?
- What are the options for improving the situation?
- How do we ensure that we choose long-term solutions?
- How much time, space and money will we need?
- Who could help us with these improvements?
Making our school grounds more animal-friendly
- How will we organise this?
- How will we make everyone aware of what our plans are?
- How can we encourage people to help?
- How will we ensure that everyone taking part is safe?
- Do we need to seek permission for some of our ideas?
- How will we know whether our ideas have been successful?
How animal-friendly are our school grounds now?
- What is working well?
- What would we do differently?
- Is there anything else we need to do?
- Do we need to review the situation at regular intervals, e.g. every six months?
Download a PDF information sheet of these ideas below.