What are the important animal welfare issues in our local area, e.g. stray dogs or litter?
- Are there any articles in our local newspapers about animal welfare issues?
- What do people who live in the local community and local councillors consider the issues are?
- Is there a local RSPCA branch/animal centre? Have they got a website or do they produce a newsletter that explains what the problems are? (see In your area)
What can we do to make a difference?
- Can we help someone who is already trying to solve the problem?
- Do we need to make people aware of the issues, e.g. by organising a poster/leaflet campaign, writing to our local MP or developing a website?
- Can we organise an event, e.g. a litter collection?
Make our ideas happen
- How will we organise this?
- Do we need to seek permission for some of our ideas, e.g. where we pin up posters?
- How will we ensure that everyone taking part is safe?
- How will we know whether our ideas have been successful?
How successful were we at making a difference to the problems?
- What worked well?
- What would we do differently?
- Is there anything else we need to do?
- Do we need to repeat what we have done again, e.g. every six months?
Download a PDF information sheet of these ideas (PDF 84KB).