Dogs and the law
In this activity, students consider different laws relating to dogs and other pets. This lesson only applies to legislation in England.
Activities encourage students to explore the issues that affect dogs and that may or may not be covered by law. The lesson plan includes a series of worksheets and also encourages pupils to conduct their own research into issues that interest them. This is a quick and easy lesson to deliver with no additional materials required. A supporting presentation is also available to download, providing visual prompts and videos.
Lesson plan and resources
- Pets and the law quiz (PDF)
- Pets and the law quiz answers (PDF)
- Our attitude to dogs (PDF)
- The dog on the football field (PDF)
- Dogs in the news (PDF)
- Dogs in the news answers (PDF)
- Mind map dogs (PDF)
- Dogs in the news - law cards (PDF)
- Other laws about dogs(PDF)
- Do you know the law about dogs? (PDF)
Many of our resources are also available in Welsh, please download the relevant documents below.
Lesson plan: Dogs and the law - Welsh (MS Word)