RSPCA Education - Lessons and Activity Library - Education
About this lesson
Discuss what makes a good diet to keep rabbits healthy and happy. Together, we can create a world where rabbits have the correct diet to prevent health problems.
Spoiler: Carrots are not on the menu!
What learners will be learning
- How a good diet can make rabbits happier
- What is considered ‘healthy’ and ‘unhealthy’ food for rabbits
- How a good diet can make rabbits healthier
Wider learning opportunities to discuss throughout the lesson
- Our relationship with food
- The importance of dental health
Growing tasty herbs
Variety and flavour can make an animal's diet more enjoyable. Check if your pet can eat herbs, or see if a local animal rescue centre would appreciate a donation of cuttings for animals in their care.
© RSPCA 2023. All rights reserved. Registered charity no.219099.